Thursday, February 28, 2008

Que frio, dios mio!

Good golly, I finished up my last bit of calculus homework this morning with the intention of putting some spindles on the stairs to the deck, but it's too freaking cold! My hands were freezing, so I said screw it and did more calculus. I love Improper Integrals. They even sound cool. You may ask yourself, "Self, how could you possibly evaluate an integral with infinite limits?", or, "How is it acceptable to evaluate an integral at a point that makes zero the denominator of the function?". Improper Integration is as MC Hammer might say "PROPER!" However, if I didn't understand it, I might do as 3rd Base would suggest and "give 'em the GAS FACE!" Oh man, I think the cold got to me. Anyway, this stuff is fun. Is there any way to make a good living in mathematics? I need to do more research on this subject. I'm interested in physics and chemistry, but I don't love those subjects the way I love math. I'm really looking forward to Differential Equations and Vector Calculus. I feel like I'd be much better off in Physics and Statics had I gotten those math classes out of the way first. In Physics, we've been studying the methods of analyzing conservative forces, but you have to do partial integration to do it. The professor attempts to teach us enough to get through those problems, but you have to know it would be so much easier coming after actually studying diff. eq. I need advice!

2 comments:

jdrueke said...

I gave up on math after I left my calculator in El Segundo.

LMP said...

Why not teach? You could get yourself one of those PhDs and teach college kids. That way, you get paid a smidge more and your students are in your classes because they WANT to be. Oh, and after you get tenure you never have to work another day in your life.