Saturday, February 23, 2008

I'm pooped.

No school today, so I'm back working on the last bit of the deck. My buddy Rob called out of the blue and came by to help me out. Very cool. I've got to get the stairs done because our friends Camilo and Juliet will be here from Boston in a week, and Sonya's mom will be here from Miami shortly thereafter. Its great to have visitors because it forces me to prioritize and get things done. I put up drapes in the guestroom and fixed the door so it would close properly. Then I went in the attic and balanced the baffles on our Furnace/AC so the house will be a more even temperature. These are all things that have been bugging me, but it's hard to find the time to get these things done with the course load I've got in school. So its been a productive day, I even managed to clean out some of the scrap from my garage. We really only got to sink the posts in concrete for the steps today, so that should be set for me to finish the steps tomorrow. I only have until about 2:00 to get the steps on the deck completed because I'm getting a haircut in Newport News at 3:30. When we get back I have to study for my Spanish test Monday and my Statics test Tuesday. I have never had more respect for parents. How do their homes not crumble?


After all this work, my house is still covered in dog hair.

1 comment:

LMP said...

A. Our house IS crumbling. Please come visit, we have a long list of things we'd love you to tackle and 2. Jeremiah got a haircut today, too! What are the odds?