Thursday, February 21, 2008

Calculus II exam

Today I have an exam in Calculus II on special techniques of integration. I don't understand why I remember all these rules. Maybe they all go together so well, or maybe I can just see where they come from. Either way, I'm glad I see it. Not since the days of sitting in my room as a kid practicing bass have I had so much fun learning something difficult. I think I just want to study mathematics. Klaus and I were looking through the college catalog for William & Mary last night and just started laughing at the titles of these 400 level courses. Some of them just seem so impossibly difficult, and others just have bizarre titles. "Operations Research-Deterministic Models", " Complex Analysis", "Operations Research-Stochastic Models", "Topology", and "Combinatorics" are some of some of my favorites. Why do I want to take a class that has the word complex in the title? I must be suffering from an over-abundance of confidense. We'll see how I feel after my test today.

3 comments:

Aunt So-So said...

Good luck on your exam, sweets.

LMP said...

Welcome to the creepy subculture of blogging! So nice to see you here. I'll be sure to add this and your lovely bride's blog to my AM Work Avoidance procedures.

jdrueke said...

School, blogging, deck building, parties....you need a kid or two to slow down your shenanigans!