Thursday, March 6, 2008

Spring Break!





As you may have read on Sonya's blog, we spent a long weekend in Chicago which was pretty great, but when we got home, I went right to back to work on the deck. I'm proud to say, "finito!" I've actually got some more stuff I plan on doing like replacing all the old white plastic lattice with the pressure treated stuff and building a gate to keep the dogs (or maybe kids someday) from getting off the deck. I've cut most of the lattice to size, so all that's left is to tack it up. Its the perfect job for my little electric brad-nailer. This has been one of the most rewarding projects I've ever done. I used just about every tool I own, I kept my creative juices flowing, and I've added value to my home. You can't beat it. Oh yeah, I helped keep the economy chugging along by shopping at the struggling home improvement stores. Home Depot, Lowe's, and Ace all owe me a debt of gratitude. I don't think the beer-brewing industry is struggling, but if it was, it would owe me, too. Here's the last group of deck pictures.

4 comments:

Capt. Greg said...

Chris, that deck looks really great man. Wow. I'm off to a show up in DC tonight... weee...

LMP said...

Is is inappropriate for me to compliment my brother-in-law's big deck?

Aunt So-So said...

Hee hee. Is it inappropriate for me to say that my brother-in-law is deckless?

LMP said...

Zing!