Monday, May 12, 2008

Meeting at VCU

Today at 3:00 I will be meeting the recruiter for the VCU School of Engineering. Sonya and I have been debating the pros and cons of moving away to school, and it just does not seem reasonable to try to sell the house so I can go away to school. ODU is in Norfolk and I have no love for Norfolk. Also, I don't want to have to rely on either the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel or the Monitor Merrimack Bridge Tunnel, so VCU is the best option. The only issue with VCU is they do not offer Civil Engineering, but that's no skin off my back. The only difference in lower division classes between Civil and Mechanical is I don't need Chem. II for Mechanical. I have no great love of studying Chemistry, so Mechanical it is! Avoiding Chem. II also means my summer schedule just got a whole lot better, so I can take Spanish II over the summer or just have an easier summer. Also, I may transfer to VCU in the fall before I finish TNCC if the folks at VCU think it'll work better for transfer. I don't want to waste time at TNCC with classes that do not transfer. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Topher said...

Too bad W&M doesn't have an engineering program...But hey, as long as you'll still be in town while I'm still around (ie, next year for certain and possibly the year after), that's all that matters....

We have to get together for dinner this week sometime...

LMP said...

When all is said is done, both Brothers Drueke will sport a diploma from VCU. I've got nothing but mad love for that school. I hope if you go there, your experience is as outstanding as mine.