Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Great Meeting!

My meeting with Anita Hazel Taylor at VCU went smashingly. The new wing of the Engineering school was just completed and it looks fantastic. I believe I will be quite happy there. Upon meeting with Mrs. Taylor, I've learned several things that make me excited to go to VCU. First, as I said in my last post, I can drop Chem II from my summer schedule. What I didn't know is I can drop Spanish II as well! VCU gears its students towards an MBA to go with the BS, so I will be taking Microeconomics this summer along with Linear Algebra. Mrs. Taylor told me I don't need to take Linear Algebra, but I've been looking forward to that class for a while. I will stay at TNCC through the fall and transfer to VCU in the spring. I could actually stay at VCU through the spring were in not for TNCC not offering Thermodynamics, but missing that class would put me behind schedule. My last semester at TNCC I'll be taking Vector Calculus, Dynamics, Physics II, and Bowling! I could actually drop the bowling, but that would be just crazy (and it lets me keep my full-time status.) My first semester at VCU will be Differential Equations, Circuits I with the lab, Thermodynamics, and Strength of Materials. The spring will be my first experience in a true Engineering School, so I will be the dumbest guy in the building.

No comments: