Friday, March 14, 2008

Statics Test







I took a test in statics and its had me nervous. This subject is really interesting and my first purely engineering class. I got a 93! I have never been more proud of a test grade. Apparently the rest of the class did really badly because he said the grades were horrible. He gave a "Pop Test" today that was open book to try to boost the grades. I'm not sure it helped. Statics is something you study for about a week in Physics, and, like the name suggests, you need to set the problems up so that net forces all equal zero and stuff doesn't move. Mainly, we've learned how to break forces down to component vectors, sum forces, and calculate moments. Moments are the engineering equivalent to torque. We've started looking at truss designs and its pretty crazy stuff. I really wish I had taken Physics and Calculus II prior to Statics, but I've just got to work extra hard this semester. I think it will pay off in the end, though.


Sometimes we study things that are just amazing that they are actually know-able. I've included some images of my previous job. These should thoroughly explain my motivation.

1 comment:

Aunt So-So said...

Does that water have poop in it? Is that POOP water?