Friday, June 6, 2008

Two tests down!


We had our first test in Linear Algebra on Monday and our first test in Microeconomics today. The collective results in the Linear Algebra class were a little low, and I fit right in there. I did okay, but I definitely need to work a little harder. I am not used to doing proofs, so it's a new skill I need to hone. I hate to speak too soon about a test, but I feel pretty good about the microeconomics test. So far, the material seems pretty self explanatory, but it still manages to be pretty interesting. I thought I was working for an MBA simply because it was being thrown at me by VCU, but if econ represents the kind of material I will see in Business School, I'm pretty excited. Most schools consider econ a social science and don't include it as part of the Business School, but I have a feeling that it's just a function of the usefulness of the class. Everyone should take econ just like everyone should take humanities. The reaction of the class to the econ material is exactly as it was for humanities. 60% of the class could care less, and the rest seem enthralled. The professor is a bit creepy. He tells stories, but he usually does a good job of keeping them on point. He's just a bit long-winded. He's old, overweight, and a conspiracy theorist. He also has a problem with eye contact when spoken-to. All in all, he's pretty likeable.

No comments: