Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Out of synch with the rest of the world.

You can tell you are out of synch with school semesters and you are taking unique courses when your schedule looks like mine. Luckily my summer semester doesn't look too bad, but my fall semester is the pits. Monday through Thursday I need to be at class at 11:00 am, but the following classes on those days don't start until 7:00 pm. The one exception is Physics II Lab which is on Tuesday at 4:00 PM. That cuts my wait time to three hours on Tuesday. This ridiculous schedule leaves me either having to head home after my first class and doubling my gas expenses or staying at school for 10 hours. I'll see Sonya for an hour in the morning and an hour at night. I guess that's what I get for waiting this long to finish school! So, Elizabeth, Abigail, Kate and Sarah ...stay in school! The good news in that otherwise dreadful schedule is ample study time, however, I will probably need to go to Panera to study because the facilities at TNCC are deplorable. I think the legs on the study tables are held together with Kindergarten paste, the computers here cannot load Gmail for some reason, and the student body looks like the cast of D.C. Cab. I pity the fool who tries to get his learn on in this place! (On a side note, Sonya knows students at William & Mary who do not know who Mr. T is. ...scary.) I'm beginning to fear my Spring '09 schedule. My only hope is that by the Spring I should be fully on track with the Engineering curriculum, so all of those classes should be priorities for the Engineering dept. to staff. Of course, most of the schedule blocks for math professors are going to be filled with College Algebra, Pre-Calculus II, or maybe Calculus II. They might have two sections of Differential Equations to offer, but I would be surprised. My other classes are pretty specialized, so I would be astonished if they offered more than one section. Curses.

2 comments:

Aunt So-So said...

Oh, I LOVE DC Cab!!!

Capt. Greg said...

This should cheer you up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AexPuBei-Hk