Wednesday, September 24, 2008

No time for blog Dr. Jones!


I'm finally starting to get some feedback on my performance here at VCU and I'm pretty happy. While my grades aren't as stellar as they were at TNCC, I feel like I'm at least keeping up with the pack in all my classes. I don't have as much time to devote to Differential Equations as I would like, but I still managed to get a B on my first test. That's nothing to sneeze at! I'm consistently getting As in Dynamics, B+/A- in Physics II, and today I should be getting my first Material Science test back. I've been getting As on my homework in that class, but that's a measly 10% of the grade. By-the-way, what's the best way to write the plural of a letter grade? I don't want to use an apostrophe because my letter grades don't own me or anything!! Anyway, the stress level is pretty intense now, and that's a change from TNCC. I got stressed at TNCC around test time or when I got bogged down on hard stuff, but now I'm in a nearly perpetual state of stress. I guess that's what I should expect from Engineering school. If there was ever a class you looked at in a college catalog that made you gasp opon merely reading the title, I have to take it.

2 comments:

Aunt So-So said...

I know what would help you concentrate even more so that you can keep up the good grades: a screaming baby with a soiled diaper.

LMP said...

I have a friend who earned his degree in small part because he was up with his infant daughter anyway, might as well rock the baby while reading...