Monday, September 8, 2008

My Brain Hurts


I was working on a problem in Dynamics for about three hours that I just couldn't figure out. I had done the previous four problems in no time, but like most things in life, the last one was a doozey. I needed to get some other work done, so I left Dynamics to get started on Physics. By the time I got to Physics, my brain hurt. I was fatigued. I went to bed. The next day was ridiculously busy. We had brunch with mom, we went grocery shopping, I changed the oil in both cars, Sonya's car started smoking, I mowed the grass, I took a shower, and then I got back to work on Physics. It was 4:00 pm. Crap, where did the day go? Since Sonya's car was smoking, I had to delay getting back to homework to finish the grocery shopping. Okay, its 5:00 pm, now I can get back to homework. It took about two hours, but I think I got my head wrapped around the physics homework. I kept working until 9:00 pm, and then I cried "uncle." (Sometime between 5:00 and 9:00, we ate dinner.) Sonya had already prepped breakfast for the next morning, so all I had to do was prep the coffee. By 10:30 we were asleep.

This morning we actually got out of the house by 7:00 am, so I could drop Sonya off at work and still get to class in Richmond by 9:00. When I get home, I have to call a tow truck to get Sonya's car to the shop, get as much homework done as possible, prep tomorrow's breakfast, pick up Sonya from work, take her to Newport News for a class, and try to finish any lingering homework while we're in Newport News.

I have no idea what tomorrow is going to be like, but I think Papa Dios is getting us ready for something. We know of nothing on the immediate horizon, but I can't help but feel like, in the immortal words of Richard Dreyfus, "This means something."

2 comments:

Aunt So-So said...

HA HA! NERD! I love it. Let's see what happens. I hope it doesn't mean I have to learn how to drive stick-shift.

Topher said...

Let me know if there's anything I can do...If you need someone to help with carting that wife around....:)

And Sonya: You should use this as an opportunity to learn how to drive stick.

Heh heh...stick.