Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Exams: First Wave


Exams always come in waves. ...Horrible Tsunamis of Pain ...or no big deal. I've been keeping up with my work, so I guess I should be prepared. I already got my Calc III exam back and I got a 91. I lost points because I couldn't remember the equation of a sphere. ...stupid, stupid, stupid. That was the easiest part! Anyhoo, an A is good by me.
I have my Deformables test Thursday, and I have a little bit of studying left. I should be fine. Monday I have Thermodynamics. The professor has a funny habit of calling every exam a "midterm." How many middles does this semester have?! I've been keeping up with the work, but this class has so many brand new concepts. I guess nothing is really brand new, but I've never really seen problems worked this way. The good thing is that everything is pretty logical. oh yeah, the test is open book!! Sweet. That scares me; you know the test is going to be extra hard if it's open book.
Friday, Feb 20th I have Circuits. The test starts at 7:30 am. I need to wake up at 5:30. Ick.
Wednesday, Feb 25th is Engineering Computation and Design.
All in all, they did a better than average job of staggering the tests. I've had two in one day before, and I wanted to die!

1 comment:

Publisher said...

On the one hand, I think what you're doing is great. It even sounds fun. On the other hand, it sounds like a whole lot of work. I'm waiting to hear back on my application to JMU but still not really sure what I'm going to choose as a major. Right now it's still computer science.